Sesame-Ginger Protein Bowl
Makes: 4 servings | Prep Time: 30 minutes
1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained and patted dry
1 tablespoon preferred vegetable oil
¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 cup quinoa
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
4 large eggs
2 tablespoons white miso
2 tablespoons lime juice or rice vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1” piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 pound zucchini (about 2 large), cut into zoodles (or 1 pound zoodles)
2 cans Natural Sea Wild Yellowfin Tuna, drained
2 large carrots, grated or julienned
Chopped parsley or cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425℉. On a baking sheet toss together chickpeas, oil, salt, and pepper. Roast, stirring every 10 minutes, until browned and crispy, about 30 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan combine quinoa, salt, and 1½ cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer gently until tender, about 15 minutes. Let stand, covered and off the heat, for 5 minutes more.
- Bring 1” water to a rolling boil in a pot with a steamer basket inside. Use tongs to place eggs in basket, cover pot, and steam for 9 minutes. Use tongs to transfer eggs to an ice water bath to cool completely, then crack egg shells all over, peel, and halve.
- In a blender, combine miso, lime juice or vinegar, soy sauce ginger, and sesame oil. With blender running, add oil in a thin, steady stream until combined.
- To serve, divide zoodles between bowls and top with tuna, eggs, quinoa, carrots, and chickpeas. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with parsley or cilantro.